VIDEO: 2: Treating Hep C in People with Substance Use Disorder (1/13/21)
This virtual event is the second session in the upcoming series entitled "Intersecting Epidemics in the Context of Ending the Epidemic: Tackling HIV, Substance Use, and HCV". This series is co-sponsored by the MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center (MAAETC), the National Alliance for HIV Education and Workforce Development (NAHEWD), the Opioid Response Network (ORN), the Mid-Atlantic Regional Public Health Training Center, and the Central East Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC).
The audience for this program is mixed- HIV providers, substance use disorder treatment programs, opioid treatment programs and others.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the latest treatment considerations for hepatitis C
2. Describe best practices for hepatitis C treatment in people with HIV and/or Substance Use Disorder
- 8:45am-9:00am - Welcome, Logistics, Introductions and Overview
- 9:00am-12:20pm - Didactic presentations and panel discussions
Faculty and Planning Committee Disclosures
James A. Ealy, MA. Ingrid Godfrey MPH Susan Thompson, BS and Kathleen Wolff, MSN, CRNP have no relationships to disclose
Joanne Gilmore, MSN, CRNP is on the HCV speaker’s bureaus of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and AbbVie. She will support her presentation and clinical recommendations with the "best available evidence" from the medical literature.
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Harm Reduction/Safe Injection
- HIV Transmission Risk Assessment
- HIV diagnosis (i.e. HIV testing)
- Linkage to Care
- Hepatitis C
- Medication-assisted therapy for substance use disorders (i.e. buprenorphine, methadone, and/or naltrexone)
- Substance use disorders
- Opioid use disorder