HIV Clinical Nurse Educator - Department of Medicine (Infectious Diseases)
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a full-time & part-time HIV Clinical Nurse Educator with the Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases
About the Opportunity
Responsible to plan, organize, and carry out educational programs for health care professionals across the state following the topics, guidelines, and budget outlined in the grant and grant work plan. This person is also responsible for providing or referring consultation and technical assistance to agencies or health care providers.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and various other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you’ll do:
- Complete and participate in projects required by funding stream (HRSA) and MAAETC headquarters.
- Recruit local, state, and national speakers for educational sessions.
- Foster and maintain relationships with community and state partners.
- Adhere to highest level of professionalism while conducting educational sessions.
- Attend required MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center regional staff meetings.
- Assist supervisor complete monthly Regional Partner activity reports for HRSA.
- Maintain knowledge of current events with the possibility of impacting clients with or at risk for HIV and new HIV cases around the state.
- Attend the weekly Positive Health Clinic Patient Care. This conference is attended by Medical Director, Psychiatrist, Program Director, Social Worker/Case Manager (external), PharmD, Infectious Diseases faculty and fellows, and MAAETC staff.
- Provides health care education weekly pertaining to at-risk populations and people with HIV to improve quality of care.
- Attends monthly Community of Practice SVMS virtual clinic meetings.
- Maintain personal skill levels within specific areas of expertise by attending appropriate educational courses, programs, and conferences related to HIV.
- Maintains CE requirements for Licensure of a Registered Nurse in the state of West Virginia.
- Develop unique educational programs for specific medical disciplines as required by grant.
- Programs would include the layout of instructional design, identification of potential instructors, the presentation style of the implementation of programs, and the target audience.
- Implement approved educational programs by finalizing content, selecting best methodology for providing the program, scheduling programs, program locations, and the marketing of programs.
- Provide information to health care agencies regarding technical assistance and consultation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs, consultations, and technical assistance, and determine if modifications or changes needed to increase effectiveness.
- Prioritizes the needs of targeted health care professionals based on evaluations, technical assistance, and ongoing agency needs assessments.
- Create educational materials in multiple forms of media for health professionals.
- Provide programs to meet those needs and complete accurate records of all programs in terms of site, type of program, content, level of program, and details of participants. This data is reported to the data analysis team in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Maintain current knowledge base of HIV info by reading articles, attending HIV continuing education programs, etc.
- Become and maintain membership of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC).
- Complete UW HIV program online for HIV nursing certification within first 6 months of employment.
- Generate productivity reports for regional site and HRSA for grant purposes.
- Foster and maintain relationships with community and state partners for continued educational programs.
- Collaborate with other regional partners and or other AETCs for special programing
- Completion of RN or BSN program
- Two (2) years of nursing experience
- Previous teaching experience (in any capacity)
- One (1) year of HIV care or basic knowledge of HIV
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Ability to coordinate educational programs and speak at seminars
- Competence in a variety of computer software, including Microsoft Office, and ability to set up and operate educational program equipment
- Ability to drive long distances to provide in-person education to all parts of the state
- Licensed RN in West Virginia
- Valid driver’s license
Use the links below to submit your application to the corresponding position of interest.