621 W Lombard Street Baltimore, MD 21201
This 2-day course will provide nurses and nurse practitioners with an in-depth and organized review in preparation for ACRN/AACRN exam. This is also a great course if you are considering recertification.
- Assist nurses in preparation for the ACRN/AACRN exam by reviewing content in the major test categories, including but not limited to: epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, physical exam, disease process, mental health and medication therapy.
- Provide a review of the nursing processes involved in providing comprehensive care to the HIV infected patient.
- Provide test taking strategies for the ACRN/AACRN exam.
- Provide participants with practice test and provide full review of correct answers with rationale.
- Establish ongoing distance based learning with participants through online faculty access and webinars.
Learn from the best for one low fee! This comprehensive review is taught by experts in HIV!
- Full review of content in the major test categories includes ANAC Core Curriculum and AETC ACRN Curriculum
- Online access to faculty for questions
- Pre/post course webinars
- Full review of nursing processes involved in providing comprehensive care to the HIV infected patient
- Review of test taking strategies for the exam
- Practice test with full review of correct answers and rationale
- CNE and Pharmacology CNE offered for live course and webinars
- UNLIMITED Support, Encouragement and Networking!
*Receive $50 off registration fee for early bird registrations! Payments must be postmarked by June 30, 2017 to receive early bird discounts (ACRN: $250/AACRN: $300).
Mail your payment to:
UMB Institute of Human Virology
AETC Attn: Danielle Confer
22 S. Greene Street, Box 175, Baltimore, MD 21201
*Please note that all payments must be mailed separately. Credit cards NOT accepted. Your registration is not complete until payment has been received.
Course fee includes course materials, ANAC textbook, and access to Pre and Post Conference Webinars, & CNE. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please make your check or money order payable to University of Maryland. Receipt of payment will secure your spot program. A detailed confirmation with webinar information will be emailed upon receipt of payment.
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- HIV Transmission Risk Assessment
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Prevention of perinatal or mother-to-child transmission
- Adult and adolescent antiretroviral treatment
- Antiretroviral treatment adherence, including viral load suppression
- Basic science
- Clinical manifestations of HIV disease
- HIV diagnosis (i.e. HIV testing)
- HIV Epidemiology
- HIV monitoring and lab tests (i.e. CD4 ad viral load)
- Pediatric HIV management
- Opportunistic Infections
- Cultural competence