HIV Adherence: Tools to Support Viral Suppression
This series welcomes healthcare professionals working in the field of HIV. This is the third training of our 4 part training series, which was created in collaboration with the MidAtlantic AETC Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE) Workgroup. This series will allow participants to develop an understanding of the foundations and essentials to HIV care, treatment and prevention.
Please visit our landing page: https://www.maaetc.org/p/ehemaaetc
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1) Describe evidenced based medication adherence assessment tools
2) List key components in supporting patients in incorporating taking HIV medications into their daily routine
Lizzy Schmidt, MSN, CRNP
All healthcare professionals, including case managers, patient navigators and clinicians.
EHE Flyer (rev.11.28.23).pdf:
AdherenceEHE 12_6_2023_EDIT 11302023 Lizzy Schmidt slides.pdf:
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Antiretroviral treatment adherence, including viral load suppression
- HIV monitoring and lab tests (i.e. CD4 ad viral load)
- Retention and/or re-engagement in care