Trainings for Case Managers in Pennsylvania: HIV and Special Populations, Day 3: HIV Care in Communities with Specific Needs
Invite Only: Password Protected
This Specific Training Offers 3 days dedicated to Special Populations, please see below for further details. You will need to register for each training session separately.
- Day 1: LGBTQIA+ presented by Walker Weinstein, RN, BS, BSN (10/30/23 from 10am-12pm)
- Day 2: HIV and Aging presented by Dorcas Baker, RN, BSN, ACRN, MA (11/09/23 from 9am-10:30am)
- Day 3: HIV Care in Communities with Specific Needs presented by Raghav Tirupathi, MD, FACP, FRCP, FIDSA (11/16/23 9:00am - 10:30am)
- Discuss special considerations in preventing and treating HIV in women, adolescents, those who live in rural areas, and those who experience homelessness or unstable housing
- Review trend and statistics related to HIV risk, prevention and treatment in women, adolescents, those who live in rural areas, and those who experience homelessness or unstable housing
- Identify patient-centered approaches to enhance client care for special populations/communities with specific needs
- Describe outreach methods for engaging specific communities and populations in relation to HIV risk, prevention and treatment
You are only eligible for continuing education or a certificate of attendance if you register, attend the full program, and then complete all required evaluations within 1 week of the program.
Nursing: The MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This event is eligible for 1.5 credit hours.
Social Work: This training is co-sponsored by the Bryn Mawr Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research for maximum of 1.5 credit hours. As a CSWE accredited program, Bryn Mawr College GSSWSR is a pre-approved provider of continuing education for Social Workers in Pennsylvania and many other states. Supported by a grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau, Office of Program,#U1OHA29295
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE:
Certificates of Attendance and continuing education certificates will be sent out via email 4-6 weeks after the event has completed.
Continuing Education credits issued for participation in CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of their state licensing board(s).
***Please note this event is intended for Ryan White Case Managers in Pennsylvania only.***
If you are interested in attending or holding a similar event for your team please contact us at email@example.com.
ContactEmail Tiania Warner, M.S.- firstname.lastname@example.org
A variety of the listed populations will be discussed at this event.
- Adolescents (ages 13 to 17)
- Rural populations
- Other special population
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Harm Reduction/Safe Injection
- Treatment as Prevention (e.g., U=U)
- Retention and/or re-engagement in care
- Stigma or discrimination
- Case management
- Care coordination
- Trauma-informed care