Trainings for Case Managers in Pennsylvania: HIV and Special Populations, Day 2: HIV & Aging
Invite Only: Password Protected
This Specific Training Offers 3 days dedicated to Special Populations, please see below for further details. You will need to register for each training session separately.
- Day 1: LGBTQIA+ presented by Walker Weinstein, RN, BS, BSN (4/4/24;10am-12pm)
- Day 2: HIV and Aging presented by Dorcas Baker, RN, BSN, ACRN, MA (4/9/24; 9am-10:30am)
- Day 3: HIV Care in Communities with Specific Needs presented by Raghav Tirupathi, MD, FACP, FRCP, FIDSA (4/30/24 9:00am - 10:30am)
- Describe the demographics of HIV and older adults
- Describe why quality of life matters long after sustained viral suppression
- Describe interventions needed to support older adults
- Identify the role of a multidisciplinary team
You are only eligible for continuing education or a certificate of attendance if you register, attend the full program, and then complete all required evaluations within 1 week of the program.
Nursing: The MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This event is eligible for 1.5 credit hours.
Social Work: This training is co-sponsored by the Bryn Mawr Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research for maximum of 1.5 credit hours. As a CSWE accredited program, Bryn Mawr College GSSWSR is a pre-approved provider of continuing education for Social Workers in Pennsylvania and many other states. Supported by a grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau, Office of Program,#U1OHA29295
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE:
Certificates of Attendance and continuing education certificates will be sent out via email 4-6 weeks after the event has completed.
Continuing Education credits issued for participation in CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of their state licensing board(s).
***Please note this event is intended only for Case Managers as well as other employees working within Ryan White funded Clinics within Pennsylvania, and Pennsylvania Department of Health Employees.***
If you are interested in attending or holding a similar event for your team please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ContactEmail Tiania Warner, M.S.- email@example.com
A variety of the listed populations will be discussed at this event.
- Older Adults (ages 50 and over)
PA Case Mgt Series Flyer:
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Treatment as Prevention (e.g., U=U)
- Aging and HIV
- Retention and/or re-engagement in care
- Non-infection comorbidities of HIV and viral hepatitis
- Stigma or discrimination
- Case management
- Care coordination
- Trauma-informed care