Trainings for Case Managers in Pennsylvania: Co-occurring Behavioral Health Issues
Invite Only: Password Protected
David Rubenstein, PsyD
Learning Objectives for this session:
- Describe different substance use disorders, including opioid use disorder, methamphetamine use, smoking, and alcohol use, and how they impact HIV care
- Define harm reduction and describe the significance when working with people with HIV and co-occurring conditions
- Discuss mental health disorders, including personality disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, depression, and cognitive limitations and how it impacts HIV care
- Utilize case studies to identify co-occurring behavioral health conditions and best approaches to enhance client care
- Discuss screening tools such as the SBIRT model, mini mental status exam, and CAGE that can be used to assess clients
You are only eligible for continuing education or a certificate of attendance if you register, attend the full program, and then complete all required evaluations within 1 week of the program.
Nursing: The MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This event is eligible for 4.0 credit hours.
Social Work: This training is co-sponsored by the Bryn Mawr Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research for maximum of 4.0 credit hours. As a CSWE accredited program, Bryn Mawr College GSSWSR is a pre-approved provider of continuing education for Social Workers in Pennsylvania and many other states. Supported by a grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau, Office of Program,#U1OHA29295
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE:
Certificates of Attendance and continuing education certificates will be sent out via email 4-6 weeks after the event has completed.
Continuing Education credits issued for participation in CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of their state licensing board(s).
***Please note this event is intended for Pennsylvania Ryan White Case Managers and Pennsylvania Department of Health Employees only.***
If you are interested in attending or holding a similar event for your team please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training for Case Managers in PA Flyer (rev.11/28):
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Harm Reduction/Safe Injection
- Medication-assisted therapy for substance use disorders (i.e. buprenorphine, methadone, and/or naltrexone)
- Mental health disorders
- Substance use disorders
- Opioid use disorder
- Stigma or discrimination
- Case management
- Care coordination
- Trauma-informed care