VIDEO: 3: MAT Centers, Substance Use Disorders, and HIV (1/20/21)
This virtual event is the third in the series entitled "Intersecting Epidemics in the Context of Ending the Epidemic: Tackling HIV, Substance Use, and HCV". This series is co-sponsored by the MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center (MAAETC), the National Alliance for HIV Education and Workforce Development (NAHEWD), the Opioid Response Network (ORN), the Mid-Atlantic Regional Public Health Training Center, and the Central East Addiction Technology Transfer Center (ATTC).
Session Title: Medication Assisted Treatment Centers, Substance Use Disorders, and HIV
Audience: health care providers and staff working at HIV clinics, infectious disease clinics, substance use disorder treatment programs, opioid treatment programs, case managers, addiction counselors and therapists.
- 11:30am ET – Attendees sign on and will be put in the waiting room
- 11:40am ET - Attendees are admitted to the webinar from the waiting room.
- 11:45am ET – technical/logistics overview
- 11:55am ET – speaker introduction
- 12:00pm ET-12:50pm ET – didactic PPT presentation by Ingrid McDowell
- 12:50pm ET-1:00pm ET – Audience full group Q&A
- 1:00pm ET-1:45pm ET – Panel discussion featuring different MAT centers
- 1:45pm ET-1:58pm ET – Final summary/questions
- 1:58pm ET-2:00pm ET– Concluding remarks, evaluation
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss how to screen for HIV minimizing stigma as a barrier to care and engagement
- Identify opportunities to offer HIV treatment and HIV prevention such as PrEP in conjunction with treatment for substance use disorder
- Describe methods to provide HIV treatment and HIV prevention such as PrEP in facilities that focus on treating substance use disorder
A variety of the listed populations will be discussed at this event.
- Other special populations
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Harm Reduction/Safe Injection
- HIV Transmission Risk Assessment
- Antiretroviral treatment adherence, including viral load suppression
- HIV diagnosis (i.e. HIV testing)
- Linkage to Care
- Hepatitis C
- Medication-assisted therapy for substance use disorders (i.e. buprenorphine, methadone, and/or naltrexone)
- Substance use disorders
- Opioid use disorder