WEBINAR: Vital Role of Community Health Centers in Ending the HIV Epidemic
Important note: Due to the size of today's webinar room and the large amount of interest in the webinar, please log on early to get a spot during the presentation. We will only be taking the first 100 participants to enter the meeting. If you are unable to attend today, this webinar will be recorded for viewing at a later date. Thank you.
Hello and thank you for your interest in the Ending the HIV Epidemic: Boot Camp for Community Health Centers webinar series. This webinar is the first in the six part series that was created by the MidAtlantic AETC, West Virginia Primary Care Association, and the Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers. This series is targeted towards everyone at community health centers however the presenters are from the states of Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Attendees from all states are welcome to attend.
- Describe the four pillars of the Ending the HIV Epidemic Plan for America
- Define the role of Community Health Centers in Ending the HIV Epidemic (EHE)
- Discuss the actions Community Health Centers can implement related to EHE
Ernia P Hughes, MBA
Director, Office of Northern Health Services
Bureau of Primary Health Care
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Certificate of Attendance: This program is awarded 0.1 CEU/certificate of attendance from the University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE): The MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing Education credits issued for participation in CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of their state licensing board(s).
The staff and faculty involved with the planning of today’s event do not have any conflicts of interest to disclose. The MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The representations and opinions expressed in this presentation are solely those of the author(s) and do not represent the views or policies of MA AETC, the University of Pittsburgh, or its funding agencies.
Please contact the MidAtlantic AETC at 412-624-1895 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. We are happy to assist.
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.
- Behavioral Prevention
- HIV Transmission Risk Assessment
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Adult and adolescent antiretroviral treatment
- Stigma or discrimination
- Community linkages
- Coordination of care
- Quality Improvement