Invite Only: Password Protected
This session was agency-requested by Daily Planet Health Services and is not open to the general public.
1. Discuss the essential aspects of conducting a sexual and drug use history to identify patients at increased risk for HIV transmission who may benefit from PrEP or those you need PEP.
2. Describe the FDA approved drug regimen for PrEP and PEP.
3. Identify the clinical and behavioral parameters for instituting PrEP therapy or PEP.
4. Describe the clinical and behavioral parameters for monitoring the ongoing safety and effectiveness of PrEP/PEP in patients receiving treatment.
5. Discuss the clinical and behavioral aspects of discontinuing PrEP/ PEP therapy.
6. Identify resources for PrEP/PEP services for patients who are uninsured or underinsured.
A variety of the listed topics will be discussed at this event.