BPHC HIVAIDS Bureau MAAETC P-CoP Brochure
The goal of this MidAtlantic AIDS Education and Training Center (MAAETC) project is to create a Prevention Community of Practice (P-CoP) focused on increasing HIV testing and use of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) knowledge and readiness to prescribe in Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). As a result, increased numbers of health professionals at FQHCs will be able to competently deploy evidence-based prevention strategies, including PrEP, that focus on people who are at risk for HIV. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC) supports this initiative to partner with Ending the HIV Epidemic-funded FQHCs in the MAAETC region to increase the numbers of health professionals prepared to provide PrEP, including improving access to care and patient outcomes.
The participants for this project have already been selected. If you are not currently a part of the program but are interested in similar trainings or events please contact us at email@example.com.
The programs that will be used to accomplish these goals include:
- Monthly CoP (web-based with Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, DC FQHC colleagues)
- Share CQI goals; Learn best-practices implementing PrEP and other prevention strategies
- Training/Technical Assistance (On-going, web-based and on-site when permitted)
- Evidenced-based prevention strategies; HIV testing; Rapid Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) start, and PrEP
- Webinar series - prevention science and clinical interventions such as rapid ART start, HIV testing, and PrEP (including PrEP telehealth)
- MAAETC Clinician Consultation
- PrEP Clinical Preceptorships
Prevention Community of Practice Learning Sessions
Archived Recordings of Past BPHC Events
- Thursday November 4, 2021 - 12:00pm - 1:15pm ET - BPHC Community of Practice Program Orientation
- Link to archived video: https://www.maaetc.org/events/view/21179
- Thursday December 9, 2021 - 12:00pm - 1:15pm ET - BPHC CoP-PrEP: HIV Testing and Initiation of Rapid ART
- Link to archived video: https://www.maaetc.org/events/view/21194
- Thursday January 13, 2022 - 12:00pm - 1:15pm ET - BPHC CoP-PrEP: Starting the Conversation
- Link to archived video: https://www.maaetc.org/events/view/21255
- Thursday February 10, 2022 - 12:00pm - 1:15pm ET - BPHC CoP-PrEP Monitoring and Adherence
- Link to archived video: https://www.maaetc.org/events/view/21261
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:00pm - 1:15pm ET - BPHC CoP - PrEP and Minority Populations
- Link to archived video: https://www.maaetc.org/events/view/21270
- Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 12:00pm - 1:15pm ET - BPHC CoP - The Virtual PrEP Program
- Register here: https://www.maaetc.org/events/view/21273
- Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 12:00pm - 3:00pm ET - BPHC CoP - PrEP Preceptorship Standardized Patient Experience
- Recording unavailable
- Thursday, June 9, 2022 - 12:00pm - 1:15pm ET - BPHC CoP - PrEP Best Practices and Next Steps
- Recording unavailable
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is supported by the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Health Care and HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA29295. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author(s) and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government.