HIV Basics for Healthcare & Social Service Workers (En Espanol)
1. Describe MO's HIV epidemic and its impact on the Latinx community including Demographics and geographic distribution of new cases and PLWHIV and modes of transmission.
2. Understand how today's HIV epidemic is different from the 80's and 90's including basics about modern medication regimens and potential for a long health life, viral suppression's impact on transmission risk, and availability of PrEP and PEP.
3. Link HIV risk and poor HIV health outcomes to poverty, hunger and homelessness; discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity, immigration status, etc; and HIV stigma.
4. Enumerate high level areas of action in MoCo's EHE plan (e.g., the Pillars)
5. Connect clients to HIV testing, treatment, PrEP/PEP or education in MC.
This program offers 1.5 Nursing & Social Work CEUs